With the approaching season of performing Umrah in the blessed month of Ramadan, all Muslims in different parts of the world must be fully aware of all the pillars of Umrah and how to perform pilgrimage and circumambulation. However, there are fixed supplications that the pilgrim repeats during his circumambulation of the Sacred House, and in this article we will publish to you a number of supplications that the pilgrim can use while he is in the Hijazi lands in the purest parts of the earth.
The supplications of circumambulating and seeking:
Here are the most prominent supplications for circumambulation and quest, which the servant uses while he is conversing with God, except that the most sincere supplication is what came directly from the heart of the servant:
- Supplication for the intention to perform Umrah What was proven on the authority of Aisha – may God be pleased with her – that she said:
“I know how the Prophet, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him, answered:
“Oh God, I wanted the Hajj, and for him I baptized, so if you make it easy for him, then it is the Hajj, and if I am detained by one person, then it is Umrah.”
“Our Lord, give us good in this world and good in the hereafter, and save us from the torment of the Fire.”
“O God, adorn us with the adornment of faith, and make us guided, guided. Oh God, praise be to You, You are the light of the heavens and the earth, and to You be praise, You are the Sustainer of the heavens and the earth, and to You be praise, You are the Lord of the heavens and the earth and whoever is in them, You are the truth, Your word is the truth, Your promise is true, Your meeting is true, Heaven is true, Hell is true, and the Hour is true. O God, to You I have submitted, and in You I have believed, and in You I have relied, and in You I have repented, and in You I have argued, and in You I have tried, so forgive me for what I have submitted and delayed, and I have kept and announced, You are my God, there is no god but You. O Allah, best our punishment in all matters, and save us from the disgrace of this world and the torment of the Hereafter.”
The Rituals of Umrah as reported by Imam Ibn Baz – may God have mercy on him:
- The pilgrim begins when he reaches the meeqat with a bath, which is desirable, except in the case of women if they are menstruating or postpartum, and they are only circumambulating the Sacred House until they purify and take a bath.
- The man begins to perfume his body without the ihram clothes.
- The man takes off all sewn clothes from him, and puts on Ihram clothes, including buttons and a robe, preferably white and clean.
- The pilgrim makes the pilgrimage in his intention and his heart, and utters saying: “Oh God, make you a pilgrimage.”
- The pilgrim begins with the recitation of the Prophet Muhammad, may God bless him and grant him peace, which is:
“Oh God, to you, to you, you have no partner, to you, praise and grace are yours and the king, you have no partner”
- The pilgrim repeats the Talbiyah until he reaches the Sacred Mosque, and starts entering with his right foot, saying:
“In the name of God, and prayers and peace be upon the Messenger of God, I seek refuge in God the Great, and in His Noble Face and His ancient authority, from the accursed Satan, O God, open for me the doors of Your mercy.”
- If the pilgrim enters the mosque, he begins with the intention of the Black Stone and receives it, and greets him with his right hand and kisses it without harming others.
- After that, he completes the circumambulation of seven circuits, provided that he places the Kaaba on his left, and that he is pure from the major and minor impurities.
- After he finishes the circumambulation, he goes to the Black Stone a second time, and does as he did the first time, then goes behind the shrine and prays two units of prayer, reciting in the first after Al-Fatihah Surat Al-Kafiroon, and in the second Surat Al-Samad.
- Then he goes to Safa and Marwa, reciting the dhikr and supplications.
- After he finishes the quest between them, he begins to shave his head or cut it short. As for the woman, she takes from her hair an inch or less.