After the Ministry of Interior – Saudi Passports launched the Muqeem digital identity, the search has increased dramatically on how to download the digital Muqeem identity on smart phones and activate it through Absher, which has become a substitute for the usual cards, so that it can be used as a personal identification document by displaying it on the mobile phone when Request it from the competent authorities. Even in the absence of an internet connection, where the resident may be exposed to forgetting or losing a resident ID card for any reason, or it was damaged, downloading a digital copy of the resident’s ID on the mobile phone, its owner can use it when the regular card is not available.
How to download a digital resident ID
Advantages of downloading a digital resident ID
As part of the efforts of the General Directorate of Saudi Passports at the Ministry of Interior aimed at making it easier for citizens and residents alike to obtain its services electronically in light of the digital transformation pursued by the Kingdom to achieve the goals of Vision 2030, it launched a service to download an electronic copy of the Muqeem ID and made it available on the Absher application for individuals, which is The advantages of this service are as follows:
- Facilitate the process of verifying the identity of its holders in the event that the original identity card is not carried.
- The digital version of the Resident ID includes a variable QR code (QR code).
- The electronic copy of the Muqeem ID can be downloaded to a smart phone so that it can be used without the need for an Internet connection.
How to Download a Digital Resident ID – Easy Steps
We also mentioned a digital resident identity available on the Absher Individuals application, and to download it on the mobile phone, it is necessary to download the Absher Individuals application, which can be downloaded on Android devices from the Google Play store via the following link: good news And for iPhone phones, from the App Store via the following link: good news And then follow these steps:
- After downloading the Absher Individuals application on your smartphone, log in to the beneficiary’s account in “Absher Individuals”.
- Choose “My Services” service.
- Click on the “Load Digital Resident ID” icon, at the bottom of the page.
Learn about the steps to download a digital ID: pic.twitter.com/1Hb0GA3p3q
– Saudi Passports (@AljawazatKSA) March 10, 2021
After following the mentioned easy procedures related to how to download a digital Muqeem ID, individuals residing in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia can view a copy of the iqama on the mobile phone, even when offline, which includes all the data and information in the original identity, in addition to the ability to view all Online identity data via a QR code.